Perianal abscess

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
One month short of three years since my op and it's back!:cursing:
Can't believe I've got to go through it all again, possibly a long time off the bike again, (although not done much lately because of a whiplash injury sustained in a car crash)
Keep your eyes on the classified section as I might be selling a lot of stuff in the coming months:cry:
Oh no ! ! Sounds like you've been through it a bit of late ! ! Keep your chin up, hope you have a turn of fortune soon mate.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Sorry to hear that :sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sounds nasty. Got dodgy bits down there myself. Don't sell the bike kit !!

Is this another op on the cards ? Scar tissue 'down there' isn't fun when you are a cyclist. I've got both 'visible' and internal scarring that's causing me lots of issues.

OP
OP
Broughtonblue
That's not good news, would it just be temporary while everything heals up? Mad Doug is the expert on those I believe - although I'm pretty sure it wasn't what made him go mad (just to reassure you). Good luck.
Depends in how much of the 'nipper' muscle they have to remove if the abscess has wrapped it self around it, had some removed first time round so any more might make it to weak 'operate' correctly!

OP
OP
Broughtonblue
Sounds nasty. Got dodgy bits down there myself. Don't sell the bike kit !!

Is this another op on the cards ? Scar tissue 'down there' isn't fun when you are a cyclist. I've got both 'visible' and internal scarring that's causing me lots of issues.
Hopefully caught it early but, these buggers hang around for months and if it doesn't clear up with medicine then op is only answer.

The Hoskabot

Hopefully caught it early but, these buggers hang around for months and if it doesn't clear up with medicine then op is only answer.
I know this is MANY years down the line, but I am in a similar situation. I had a perianal about 9years ago and it was left open to heal for about a year, which it never did because it was linked to a fistula caused by Crohns. I don't know if you may or may not have come to this same conclusion during the past 6 years?

Anyway - did you ever resolve the scar pain issue when cycling? I'm pretty sure I'm going to have mine opened up again, which is going to piss all over my cycling plans.

Mattk50

MattK50
I had lots of issues in this area over the course of a year a while back. I had the abscess (Caused by inverted hair follicle I think) which was the most painful, scoop out the crap, pad it out until it heals from within? Absolutely painful as hell. Then I had an anal fissure, apparently not related but seemed too coincidental to me on the timing. Had a sphincterotomy to cure that. And then finally went back and said I still had pain in my rear and then they said I had piles so they clamped those. A nightmare 'bum' year which hasn't returned and scar tissue softened over the years so as not to notice now whilst cycling etc. I feel your pain!

OP
OP
Broughtonblue
I know this is MANY years down the line, but I am in a similar situation. I had a perianal about 9years ago and it was left open to heal for about a year, which it never did because it was linked to a fistula caused by Crohns. I don't know if you may or may not have come to this same conclusion during the past 6 years?

Anyway - did you ever resolve the scar pain issue when cycling? I'm pretty sure I'm going to have mine opened up again, which is going to piss all over my cycling plans.
Hi. Fortunately I'm free of pain atm but haven't cycled much over the last few years, but when I do I always use padded shorts.

Top Bottom