Perks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well i covered just short of 25 miles yesterday on this bike and all went well , gear selection is easing thanks to some lubrication of the cables .

Second stone, near the left edge.

Well second visit to the church for some extra pictures for @classic33 to look at , I can't see any marks .

IMG_20170707_053214686.jpg
IMG_20170707_053232575.jpg
IMG_20170707_053240374.jpg
IMG_20170707_053222052.jpg

Before I set of i did some minor adjustments and I think we have hit the comfy spot .

IMG_20170707_061748049.jpg
IMG_20170707_061732986.jpg

I cant help but like the chromed fork crown .

Last edited:

ChrisEyles

Guru
Lovely looking bike!

I can't help but think that a steel framed road bike with mudguards and a triple crankset is probably the best general purpose bike you can get, I'm always surprised you don't see more around.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Thanks biggs682, that's a beautiful frame - the detailing of the lugs, fork crown & cable guides, stays and dropouts.

It looks much more modern in design and frame angles than the John Perks I have.

Appreciated the F R Russell heads up. The thread was a good read and that's a lovely frame.

I didn't know of that manufacturer. There was Henry Burton up the road in Stafford, and Viking across in Wolverhampton. The Classic Lightweights site says that Knight Cycles of Wolverhampton had ex Viking frame builders.

I reckon my vintage & Brum/ Black Country interest started with regularly seeing a gold coloured Major Nichols track bike. There was something magical about that bike.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thanks biggs682, that's a beautiful frame - the detailing of the lugs, fork crown & cable guides, stays and dropouts.

It looks much more modern in design and frame angles than the John Perks I have.

Appreciated the F R Russell heads up. The thread was a good read and that's a lovely frame.

I didn't know of that manufacturer. There was Henry Burton up the road in Stafford, and Viking across in Wolverhampton. The Classic Lightweights site says that Knight Cycles of Wolverhampton had ex Viking frame builders.

I reckon my vintage & Brum/ Black Country interest started with regularly seeing a gold coloured Major Nichols track bike. There was something magical about that bike.

The Perks is one of those bikes i should have kept but hey ho

The F R Russell sits unused for the last 18+ months in the shed i keep looking at it and thinking about getting it renovated as it's treat to ride.

I also think about just getting it back up and rideable but i have too many others so might just leave it till next winter

Top Bottom