peter kay 20 yrs of funny

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
About as funny as piles, plus he's a Lancastrian

perplexed

Guru
I'm a bit take it or leave it when it comes to PK, but bloody hell, Car Share was exceptionally good.

Liking it confused us a bit - PK is a Lancastrian, and as any good Yorkshireman knows, this is evil. Evil I tell yer...

And not only that, Mrs. P is a chuffin southerner and she loved it!

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
[QUOTE 4072293, member: 45"]He hasn't been funny for the whole 20 years.[/QUOTE]

I agree he is dire. At least his compadre, Paddy McGuinness went on to some really quality television in Take Me Out, Quality, from a really, really funny guy....Its just his deep Lancashire accent that makes him so, so funny, just like Vernon Kay, I'm a big fan of him too, he's just so, so hilarious! They changed Saturday night television for the better, awesome stuff...

Last edited:
You lot really need to get over losing the wars of the roses.
No, I stand by the first, the second is supplementary

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
On that witless basis, enjoy Michael MacIntyre down south.
As an inhabitant of a county which may reasonably be considered to be neither North nor South, and having missed the program brought to our attention by the OP, I feel that I can offer an unbiased opinion.
Peter Kay is a minor comic genius, while Michael MacIntyre is an unfunny narcissistic daffodil.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I agree he is dire. At least his compadre, Paddy McGuinness went on to some really quality television in Take Me Out, Quality, from a really, really funny guy....Its just his deep Lancashire accent that makes him so, so funny, just like Vernon Kay, I'm a big fan of him too, he's just so, so hilarious! They changed Saturday night television for the better, awesome stuff...
That's a piss-take, right? If that's you being serious, then I extend my deepest sympathy.

As for Peter Kay, what we see of what he's prepared to reveal on TV is about as far from the real him in actuality as it's possible to get. I'm not saying I have spent a huge amount of time in his presence but the one time I was in his company had everyone in earshot (food check-out tills M&S Trafford Centre) change opinion about him and pledging to never watch the pompous luvvie ever again.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
That's a piss-take, right? If that's you being serious, then I extend my deepest sympathy.

As for Peter Kay, what we see of what he's prepared to reveal on TV is about as far from the real him in actuality as it's possible to get. I'm not saying I have spent a huge amount of time in his presence but the one time I was in his company had everyone in earshot (food check-out tills M&S Trafford Centre) change opinion about him and pledging to never watch the pompous luvvie ever again.

I couldn't care less what performers are like in their private life. I don't pay to watch them do their shopping

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks

It's a piss take mate. Paddy is dire, Peter doesn't sound as bad as I thought he was though

Top Bottom