Peterborough 100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
According to the information on their website - 101 miles, 3255 ft of ascent, maximum gradient 11%. I would describe that as undulating rather than hilly. Enough climbing and descending to make it interesting, but not not excessively difficult.

13 rider

Guru
Heading into Rutland it won't be flat ! .Website states 3255ft elevation in 101 miles so that's not too bad 11% maximum gradient . I call it rolling terrain but depends what your used to . I have probably riden some of the roads on CC forum ride where everybody but me was on a fixed wheel bikes and everyone made it up the hills . Enjoy the day Harringworth viaduct is worth seeing amazing engineering .you will be on some lovely quite lane

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
https://www.mapmytracks.com/events/peterborough-100/race/champion1 shows the route including elevation. It's not flat, but max of only 11% so not steep (not sure where that is), but the climb up from Eye Brook Reservoir is fairly long and the Collyweston climb at 87 miles is late enough to be testing. Too much time on iffy A roads around Stamford too late in the ride for my tastes (well, that and the h*lm*t rule).

rugby bloke

Veteran
If its around the Peterborough area there are not going to be any big hills, apart from that it depends on the route - head east to the fens and it's pretty flat, head west and it's rolling. I did a 74 mile ride to the west of Peterborough yesterday and clocked up 4,000 ft of climbing. Either way it should be a good ride.

Edit - the 2 posts above beat me off the lights and are more informed !. In the light of the information passed on, typical East Midlands rolling countryside, I rode some of the route and its certainly a roller coaster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom