Petition: adding to the driving test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad at urage

Ach, it was the convenience of the space to the driver's right that allowed him/her to carry on, without really slowing, almost certainly passing too close, that drove my IRS to level 7.5 :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to "waiting behind with patience", instead of "squeezing through".
What made it funnier was the fact that the run-through showing the hazards identified the oncoming car as a hazard at the same time as the cyclist was being overtaken whilst he was moving out towards the car's path (I'd have been clicking like mad at that point and probably failed because of it :rolleyes: ).

I was "waiting behind with patience" on the way to my driving test (years ago) when the instructor who was with me told me that to do so would cause me to fail for "not making progress" :angry: This caused 20 minutes of 'interesting' discussion until we arrived at the test centre!

twobiker

Will training make any change in the way they drive,they overtake you and then turn off in front of you,they squeeze you up against the pavement, etc, etc, etc, and why,? because they know they can and get away with it.If you were on a motorbike or in a car and they thought you might follow them home and punch their lights out they would think twice,if you change the driving test they will just say "nanny state"have a test for being a moron,half of them would fail.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Signed.

Most interested to see your blog. As I've made clear in some of my other posts, I see no reason why the UK government cannot follow the line set by several fellow EU states and legislate on a minimum passing distance. Having signed the petition referred to here and received a reply that the then government considered that current traffic law covers this issue sufficiently it would appear that our rulers are, as ever, completely out of touch with the reality of cycling on the road in the UK - as anyone who has ever reported close overtakes to the Police will well know.

Croydon Cyclist - Passing Laws

Jezston

Über Member
You could have spell checked it first. :whistle:

Do these e-petitions ever work?

Too early to really say. Suggestion was, 100k signatures and you get it debated in commons. I believe this already happened with the taking benefits away from rioters, which the Conservatives and councils extended to innocent relatives.

Also, the anti-capital punishment petition gaining almost double that of the pro capital punishment petition put forwards by heavily publicised by publicity hungry odious little hate-peddling internet weirdo Guido Fawkes put a quick stop to the media giving him any further credence.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Too early to really say. Suggestion was, 100k signatures and you get it debated in commons. I believe this already happened with the taking benefits away from rioters, which the Conservatives and councils extended to innocent relatives.

Also, the anti-capital punishment petition gaining almost double that of the pro capital punishment petition put forwards by heavily publicised by publicity hungry odious little hate-peddling internet weirdo Guido Fawkes put a quick stop to the media giving him any further credence.

The Hillsborough one has had some effect it seems. Documents will now be released apparently

mumbo jumbo

Signed. My driving instructor told me to leave room for a cyclist to fall off which - unless you're a complete midget on a mini BMX - is a lot more than the 3ft / 1m / even 1.5m many of these petitions seem to be based on.

Top Bottom