Petrol engine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Perhaps it's a hybrid electric bike?

Last year I came within a hairs breadth of buying a Velosolex, but short ride, ade it obvious that the average pithed up Frenchman who's lost his car licence must weigh rather less than my 264lbs.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

For info on the history of motorised bicycles, google 'Cyclemaster' or go here: https://onlinebicyclemuseum.co.uk/1950s-raleigh-cyclemaster/
Fantastic thank you for that.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Last year I came within a hairs breadth of buying a Velosolex, but short ride, ade it obvious that the average pithed up Frenchman who's lost his car licence must weigh rather less than my 264lbs.
At our local agricultural show we have had visits from a Breton Velo Solex club. Some of them do struggle a bit on a circuit of the main event arena. More pedal-assist than motorised. The 2-seater trike was particularly feeble.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

At our local agricultural show we have had visits from a Breton Velo Solex club. Some of them do struggle a bit on a circuit of the main event arena. More pedal-assist than motorised. The 2-seater trike was particularly feeble.
So many models of ebikes to choose from it's a minefield.

the snail

Guru
I read that the police had caught a bloke going uphill on a bike doing 30mph illegal motor and a throttle and prosecuting him if a ordinary bike had being coming down the hill doing 30mph he or she would be legal .
On a standard pushbike you'd be legal at 60mph (as far as speed limits go).

Top Bottom