Petrol engine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

A few years ago a chap passed me on his bike like the clappers .I realized it had a petrol engine he passed a few times ,think he was going to work somewhere nearby then he stopped.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Totally illegal, but hey ho. Someone who worked at our caravan site pub had one that would do about 60 mph. This was bolted to a BSO, with correspondingly bad brakes. :wacko:

There are a couple of bikes with petrol engines on them round here
Very small engines - one is ridden by a young bloke in Widnes but he seems to ride it sensibly - last time I saw him he was riding through the pedestrianised area of teh High Street - but very slowly and carefully
I have seen a older bloke on one around Hale - seem to go at normal bike speed plus a bit but again sensibly
They both look like DIY things - so possibly just someone with a shed and some time

OP
OP
B

Biker man

A few years ago a chap passed me on his bike like the clappers .I realized it had a petrol engine he passed a few times ,think he was going to work somewhere nearby then he stopped.
Totally illegal, but hey ho. Someone who worked at our caravan site pub had one that would do about 60 mph. This was bolted to a BSO, with correspondingly bad brakes. :wacko:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qftwxsKzwo8mt7qy7
Very small engines - one is ridden by a young bloke in Widnes but he seems to ride it sensibly - last time I saw him he was riding through the pedestrianised area of teh High Street - but very slowly and carefully
I have seen a older bloke on one around Hale - seem to go at normal bike speed plus a bit but again sensibly
They both look like DIY things - so possibly just someone with a shed and some time
Wonder what engine they use chainsaw or lawnmower 🚴

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Chainsaw usually, the drive(chain) is already set up in the right direction.
Never thought of that there is one on display at a mountain biking centre
Chainsaw usually, the drive(chain) is already set up in the right direction.
Never thought of that good thinking.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Attachments

• IMG_20210722_111408.jpg
    IMG_20210722_111408.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 13

Badger_Boom

Über Member
I've seen a guy on one in York a few times. He appears to be a Deliveroo rider (other flavours of takeaway delivery could be involved), and is usually seen on weekend evening going like the clappers.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

I've seen a guy on one in York a few times. He appears to be a Deliveroo rider (other flavours of takeaway delivery could be involved), and is usually seen on weekend evening going like the clappers.
I read that the police had caught a bloke going uphill on a bike doing 30mph illegal motor and a throttle and prosecuting him if a ordinary bike had being coming down the hill doing 30mph he or she would be legal .

Top Bottom