Peugeot Model ID?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigel Wilcock

Hi all.

Had this bike for a couple of years now, but only recently started riding it with some purpose. When I got it it had been refurbed by Bob Jackson in Leeds, so I don't know if these are the original colours or not. It's also had upgrades (Cenelli bar/stem, Campag Triomphe chainset and deraileur, Campag 700c wheels) so it's something of a bitsa - nice to ride though.
From the badge I think it's a 75-79 bike, but the frame number is a bit of a mystery to me... instead of the usual eight digits I can only see three characters (see photo).
Does anyone have any ideas as to what model it could be, any why the odd frame number?

Any help/info welcome.

Thanks, Nige
DSCF7008 1200px.JPG
DSCF7010 1200px.jpg
DSCF7012 1200px.jpg
DSCF7015 1200px.jpg
IMG_20140514_183757_0 1200px.jpg

@biggs682 will have some weblinks. I have them on my pc but I'm on my phone at work and can't access them.

OP
OP
Nigel Wilcock

Nigel Wilcock

Thanks for the replies guys... According to the vendor the bike was bought new by his father then used by him (both keen club cyclists). I think that the colour scheme and decals can be dismissed as non-original, as the frame was refurbed by Bob Jackson Cycles and the Reynolds transfer says "Reynolds 531 Refurbished". The steering stem badge looks authentic (and dates '75-'79 according to a Peugeot site).
Whatever it is, it rides nice and came with the Campag components as well as some Simplex bits, 2 x Cateye computers and some Mavic pedals. It also has Campag 700c wheels (so it was a very good buy).
I don't mind if it's a bit of a mongrel, but it seems strange that anyone would refurb a different bike as a (pretty workaday) Peugeot. If anyone has any identification ideas from the frame number (very short at only three digits) and the metal BB cable guides then I'd be interested. Bracket at spindle area is stamped "Simplex".

Thanks.

Top Bottom