Peugeot Vintage Bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peteb1962

Hello, I am a newbie to this group having just taken up cycling again in my fifties. I have just bought a Peugeot to ride le Eroica Britannia this summer and I am still trying to correctly identify the model. I think it is a 1978 PRN10, but what do I know. Can anybody help with what to look for. I have attached some pics.

Attachments

• Pug 1.jpg
    Pug 1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Pug 3.jpg
    Pug 3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Pug 4.jpg
    Pug 4.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Pug 5.jpg
    Pug 5.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Pug 6.jpg
    Pug 6.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Pug 7.jpg
    Pug 7.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Pug 8.jpg
    Pug 8.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Pug 9.jpg
    Pug 9.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 66
  • Pug 10.jpg
    Pug 10.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Pug 11.jpg
    Pug 11.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 61

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
very nice indeed ............................... no its not nice its almost sexy

see http://www.peugeotshow.com/ or http://cyclespeugeot.com/

both worth saving to your favourites list

OP
OP
peteb1962

peteb1962

Hello and thanks for the response. Yes I was pleased to get it for £150, almost in original condition with little rust to speak of. I rides beautifully with seamless gear shifting. The two rims don't quite match (one Mavic the other Weinmann) and the forks seem to be full chrome and part sprayed. Most of the other bits look as if they would suggest the touring kit, but I have looked through the Peugeot brochures and the frame and description seems to closely resemble the Pr10 or PRN10 and the serial number suggests 1978. Why are the machines so hard to properly identify?
I have to say I prefer it to my Giant Defy........

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hello and thanks for the response. Yes I was pleased to get it for £150, almost in original condition with little rust to speak of. I rides beautifully with seamless gear shifting. The two rims don't quite match (one Mavic the other Weinmann) and the forks seem to be full chrome and part sprayed. Most of the other bits look as if they would suggest the touring kit, but I have looked through the Peugeot brochures and the frame and description seems to closely resemble the Pr10 or PRN10 and the serial number suggests 1978. Why are the machines so hard to properly identify?
I have to say I prefer it to my Giant Defy........

that was a good price
and it doesnt surprise me that you prefer it to your Giant i know which one i would go for

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hello, I am a newbie to this group having just taken up cycling again in my fifties. I have just bought a Peugeot to ride le Eroica Britannia this summer and I am still trying to correctly identify the model. I think it is a 1978 PRN10, but what do I know. Can anybody help with what to look for. I have attached some pics.
She's a beauty!

Top Bottom