Phantom light switcher-onner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thefollen

Veteran
Commute: Great Queen St (Holborn/Cov Garden) -> Tooting Bec Common

On Tuesday's commute back, I left work without the light on my backpack on. When I arrived home and took the pack off, it was on and blinking away!

It was daylight all the way home (if you're wondering).

Made me laugh. Did somebody cheekily switch my light on whilst stopped at lights? Is this a gag amongst commuter cyclists? Or are my catseyes possessed??

martint235

Dog on a bike
Have you got the light wet lately? One of my rear lights won't turn off since a soaking about a month ago. I still use it, just turn one of the batteries around when I want it to be off.

OP
OP
thefollen

thefollen

Veteran
Have you got the light wet lately? One of my rear lights won't turn off since a soaking about a month ago. I still use it, just turn one of the batteries around when I want it to be off.

It gets a little soggy on occasion- haven't found it to affect its function however. Guess the plastic's quite resilient. I reckon your light issue isn't moisture related, just the light phantom works in mysterious ways!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Nope mine is definitely moisture related. Rear lights are notoriously susceptible to this cos of the position over the rear wheel.

Maz

Guru
Have you got the light wet lately?
I was about to suggest the same. IME, water gets in and causes the light to switch on. Had this problem with a Smart rear light. I guess the rubber 'gasket' thing was beginning to wear. Vaseline was the answer!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
That's funny, as I noticed a guy didn't have his light on when traveling through clapham on tuesday. I turned it on for him.

I didn't really

Top Bottom