phone gizmos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

purpleR

Guru
If I describe what I want, perhaps someone will be able to tell me if it exists..?

I've got a Sony C902 phone, and I want to listen to podcasts when I'm in the car. I know you can get a plug for an iPod which transmits an FM signal so that you can tune your car radio in.

Is it possible to get this for my phone? Also, my car doesn't have a cigarette lighter to plug anything into so it might need to take batteries.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
If it has a normal headphone jack then it's easy. If it only has a special socket for a Sony headphone, then it might be a bit more tricky....

OP
OP
purpleR

purpleR

Guru
Well it has a special sony jack actually on the phone, but the lead with the headphones on it has - I think - a 3mm jack on t'other end (I imagine so that you can upgrade the headphones). I guess I can use that.

The Belkin thing looks good!

I have a copy so the real thing might be better but I've found it to be quite variable between car radios. Working OK with some, very well with a few and terribly with others. It's worth a try.

OP
OP
purpleR

purpleR

Guru
Gosh, that looks good... I think my phone does have bluetooth but I didn't know it was for that! I have already ordered the one that Crackle suggested, though, which is more in my price-range. I'll report back on how it works (car radio a bit old and crap).

Top Bottom