Phone upgrade advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skibird

Hi Guys,
I'm about to upgrade my phone from a Huawei, which I love, however these phones won't have the same capabilities anymore so having to look
at something else. The phone company have recommended the Samsung a51 which looks OK, however, I've never had a Samsung phone so was wondering if
anyone has this one, and if so, what's it like?

Thanks in advance

Bev

I went from Huawei to Samsung A20. The Android is a slightly different flavour but never caused a problem for me. Data and app transfers were easy.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'd get one of the Android 1 phones from Motorola, Nokia and Google Pixel. They guarantee you system updates for at least two years I think and you'll be the first to get them. Samsung phones are okay but are loaded with bloatware and they put own skin on top of the Android OS.
The Pixel phones are more expensive but the camera is fantastic. I have a Pixel 3 XL.

winjim

Smash the cistern
My wife had a Samsung A series I think and never got on with it. I have a Note and I love it. I think with Samsung their flagship phones are very very good but their lower range stuff not so much.

Wife's more an Apple user so that may have something to do with it.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Samsung take a perfectly good android system and pile on so much unnecessary crap that it's almost unrecognisable.

Have a look at the oppo find range. I'm using the Neo, and it's a cracking phone with excellent camera....and much cheaper than the equivalent Samsung etc.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We both have Samsung A phones.
Crap.
So temperamental.
MrsDs is continually refusing to work as it says "there is no card".
Both often don't recognise our wifi so go over our allowance if we don't switch roaming off......but then we often can't get wifi.
We are on 2 year contracts with Virgin so pretty well stuck with them.

weareHKR

A decision I'm gonna have to make in the new year... :wacko:
Samsung Galaxy S20/S20 Plus seems to be the most popular, iPhone which I don't like & OPPO which I've never heard of until Kestevan mentioned it.
Black Friday might throw up some cracking deals, it's a good time for electronic stuff! :okay:

Top Bottom