Photo printing company.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
After paying to have family pics retrieved from duff laptop hard drive, Mrs F has decided she wants physical prints. I understand that but there are 5000+ of them.

Any recommendations?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Yes. Tell her you should coco.

classic33

Leg End Member
Camera shop at the top of Bradford, near the old Penny Bank.

Or get a photo printer and print your own.

Either way, you'll have to narrow it down.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Camera shop at the top of Bradford, near the old Penny Bank.

Or get a photo printer and print your own.

Either way, you'll have to narrow it down.

I actually looked in there a few months back, the open foyer, was like being teleported to 1999. I can't print them myself, I only have one life.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
That won’t be cheap, I don’t think there are many processing labs left, digital killed them off

There are tons, but they want me to upload there and then. I really need to send them on a memory stick/card to keep the quality but I need a quote, looking again it seems there are 7000+.

DRM

Guru
There are machines, but the professional labs are gone, might be cheaper to buy a large external hdd and keep them on it

classic33

Leg End Member
I actually looked in there a few months back, the open foyer, was like being teleported to 1999. I can't print them myself, I only have one life.
The camera sales is on one street, the printing side faces John Street Market.

Joined inside by a narrow corridor and a set of stairs.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I have all ours backed up onto an external hard drive (just under 4000), would cost a fortune to print off them all and imagine the space they would take up.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
I have all ours backed up onto an external hard drive (just under 4000), would cost a fortune to print off them all and imagine the space they would take up.

It's no option, she wants prints, she was spooked by the HD crashing. There is no way out of this for me, she wants prints, I suppose I could filter out and just keep the"best" ones but it'll still be 5000+ A while ago she said "Should we get 3 sets", so we had one for each child.:eek:

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm the same with ours, they're on my desktop and backed up on an external hard drive. I haven't printed any for age's, and wouldn't unless the pictures are special in some way.

I've used photobox when I was shooting professionally. IIRC, the bigger the order, the cheaper the cost per print. Their prints are really good and don't fade with time. Price depends on print size.

I started out shooting film, and while I do like going through prints and negatives when I get the chance, the boxes are just sitting there gathering dust mainly. I hate to think how much that lot cost me...

Top Bottom