Photo printing company.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My daughter rates this lot, but she just uses the basic 45/month service. How it works for the kinds of numbers you're talking about I don't know, tho' one of the reviews says "even if you order more it's still really really cheap".

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Thanks, I'll try the mentioned companies for some quotes.

D

Deleted member 26715

I have mine on my PC, backed up to a NAS which is also backed up to Amazon nightly, that way there's little chance of losing them & they can be viewed on the TV. Hopefully once you advise your wife of the costs she will come to her senses.

It's no option, she wants prints, she was spooked by the HD crashing. There is no way out of this for me, she wants prints, I suppose I could filter out and just keep the"best" ones but it'll still be 5000+ A while ago she said "Should we get 3 sets", so we had one for each child.:eek:
Surely the next generation will be happier with digital storage of photos (or whatever the next thing is) rather than physical prints.

Globalti

Legendary Member
That's bonkers and if you don't mind me saying, a typical knee-jerk reaction. Supposing it costs you £1.00 a picture or even 50p, it's going to cost £7000 or £3500 to print that lot when 98% of them will be of no interest. Why don't you offer to print the best photos and put them in a nice album? Do some research and find a decent album not something naff with vinyl covers. There used to be an Italian paper shop in an arcade in that London (Brompton Arcade?) which sold lovely hand-made albums with hand marbled covers.

My usual solution in the face of a silly project is non-action. Then the true cost begins to emerge and there's a long silence then an announcement: "I've been thinking about Project X.... maybe if we cut it down a bit...."

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I agree that printing all 5000 is ludicrous, however if you are unable to convince Mrs F then I guess you need to decide what it is you really need. If you just want 6 x 4" prints then a bulk order via the cheapest consumer online printer such as Snapfish, Aldi or Photobox. if you want professional prints then I have always used https://www.loxleycolour.com/

However, my suggestion would be to first sort out your backup solution, as in immediately right now, this second. I would suggest a physical backup to another drive PLUS an online solution such as OneDrive, Google Drive or even if you are an Amazon Prime customer their free service. You need to do this even if you do decide to print all the photos. Next, I would create a Photobook using some carefully created images as an example as to what can be done. A photobook in my view is a million times better than a stack of snaps, plus it can actually work out cheaper.

1583483216663.png

I create a yearly photobook for the family every January documenting the year, they certainly get used a lot more than any pile of snaps. I use mixbook.com

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Have you considered digital photo frames, I've never had one myself but from what I understand you can have a fixed picture or scrolling one, but not sure how many you can load (doubt it will be 5000).

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
im in agreement with above.
pick 200 of the best and make an album.
5,000 physical photos will be of no use to anyone, cost a fortune and take up a huge amount of space. Most will be duplicates, blurred or poorly framed.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks, I'll try the mentioned companies for some quotes.
20p per 8" X 4" photo.
30p per photo for the next size up.

You brave enough to go up "that corridor" though!

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Have you considered digital photo frames, I've never had one myself but from what I understand you can have a fixed picture or scrolling one, but not sure how many you can load (doubt it will be 5000).
SD Card or USB stick for storage.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Try DS Colourlabs LTD , I've used Photobox and Snapafish and these are better than Snapafish, and as good as Photobox and a lot cheaper when I last used them. My brother is a serious photographer and reckons that they are top notch for the money. It's a pretty basic website, but it's simple and works really well, and they are very reliable and puntual.

With that many prints, you can try them all and make your own mind up, but these are better value than the bigger companies..

Top Bottom