Photocopier hire?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

soulful dog

Veteran
Does anyone deal with hire agreements for a photocopier in their office? Someone I know has a £350 a quarter photocopier hire agreement and was surprised to then get another bill of £100 for the copies they've made in the same period. They thought it was either one or other, a quarterly payment or pay a bill per number of copies?

Also, they find themselves stuck with a 12-month contract that they can't really afford, I'm guessing they are stuck with it as there would be a penalty payment if they were to end it early?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
We used to get charged for useage (no of copies used) as well as the hire fee, there was a counter in the machine, don't think we do on the new copier. I suppose it is like having a mileage allowance on a lease car.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
These people are the worst kind of scumsuckers. They're probably shafted if they've signed up for a year, unfortunately. But they should get out at the earliest opportunity, and get a reconditioned model off ebay.

OP
OP
soulful dog

soulful dog

Veteran
Ok thanks for that info. I thought it sounded a bit off, but I guess it's just another company making money off mugs who don't really know any better! :biggrin:

Hopefully they'll still be around to take the advice of buying a cheap one instead of hiring in future.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I think what usually happen is that they are allowed a usage limit and then charged for any copies over that.

We bought ours 7 years ago for a couple of grand and it is still going great guns. We pay a fee £ 60 per quarter and then that covers toner, servicing and 10,000 copies in that peirod. Any copies over this are charged at 0.07 per copy

Top Bottom