Photos of yesterday ride to Malham Tarn from Clapham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Southlakes

Guru
wp31781927_0f.jpg

To see rest of the photos of the ride click the link http://www.southlakesgroup.org.uk/2009photogallery/photos-21st-june.html

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
That looks like it's a LONG way from Clapham!

OP
OP
S

Southlakes

Guru
Thanks! I try post photos of cakes on each of photo rides reports I post up on the South Lakes Group website to show that the group stops at cafes.

RedBike

I think I rode a few of those trails doing the MLT.

I'm going to have to re-vist that area again.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Very nice! I must take my MTB up to the Dales some time.

RedBike said:
I think I rode a few of those trails doing the MLT.

I'm going to have to re-vist that area again.
Malham is about 30 km north of the most northerly part of the Mary Towneley Loop so you shouldn't have been anywhere near it unless you spent a day in the Dales while you were up here.

Incidentally, that's the area that I'm planning on visiting for the CycleChat road ride I mentioned to you earlier today. I'll make my mind up exactly where and when later.

It looks like the bridleway round Malham Tarn would be easily rideable on road bikes so I might plan the route to do that.

RedBike

ColinJ said:
Very nice! I must take my MTB up to the Dales some time.

Malham is about 30 km north of the most northerly part of the Mary Towneley Loop so you shouldn't have been anywhere near it unless you spent a day in the Dales while you were up here.

Incidentally, that's the area that I'm planning on visiting for the CycleChat road ride I mentioned to you earlier today. I'll make my mind up exactly where and when later.

It looks like the bridleway round Malham Tarn would be easily rideable on road bikes so I might plan the route to do that.

I've just looked on a map. I've been nowhere near there.
This is why you should never let me navigate!

Put me down for that road ride. Well, provided it's not 200miles 15,000ft of climbing or something daft.

OP
OP
S

Southlakes

Guru
You should have no problems with the bridleway around Malham Tarn and its worth having a look at northern half of the Settle loop of the Pennine Bridleway its bit of push up from Langscar Gate up to Gorbeck which you can ride if dry, from Gorbeck down to Clay Pits Plantation hardcore surface.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
RedBike said:
I've just looked on a map. I've been nowhere near there.
This is why you should never let me navigate!

Put me down for that road ride. Well, provided it's not 200miles 15,000ft of climbing or something daft.
I think it will be more like 90 miles and 9,000 ft!

Southlakes said:
You should have no problems with the bridleway around Malham Tarn and its worth having a look at northern half of the Settle loop of the Pennine Bridleway its bit of push up from Langscar Gate up to Gorbeck which you can ride if dry, from Gorbeck down to Clay Pits Plantation hardcore surface.
Thanks - I'll have to take a look at the Pennine Bridleway. I've only done the MTL bits of it.

My road ride will probably just take us down to Settle via Cowside and Langcliffe.

Top Bottom