Picking up my B'Twin Alur 700 tonight...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
A lot of bike for the £, for sure...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The look of the frame in the pics has put a few people off but, after seeing them in the store, I thought they looked rather good ''in the flesh'' and - as has been said - it's a lot of bike for your buck.

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
They have a look of an Allez I think. It certainly looks better in the flesh than on the website. They seem to be selling fast.

Comes with pedals too, Keo compatible, so that was a stroke of luck - no need to change my cleats and I can keep my old Looks on my other bike.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Wow, that's a beauty. The direct mount brakes look epic. 8.9KG is decent too. I am impressed.

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
I do like the rear brake, looks different. Might be a problem in wet and muddy conditions but planning on using my old bike then anyway.

Strangely the frame is Di2 ready also... I can imagine the GF's face when I mention upgrading to electronic shifting haha :-D

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Direct mount??
Its a new standard where the brake is fitted to two points on the frame to make the arms stiffer, many rear ones are being mounted behind the BB so the seat stays need no brake bridge which can also give a more comfy ride , supposedly .
upload_2015-4-29_21-16-18.jpeg

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
I must say the difference is quite dramatic. The brakes are very responsive. It is a lovely bike to ride!! The 105 groupset is a joy to use, even when shifting out of the saddle. Anyone thinking of getting a new bike in this price range seriously consider the Alur 700!!!

Top Bottom