Picture the Scene

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Falco Frank

Über Member
Well done.

Typical average response times as well, I imagine, from average car drivers but there again, about time we caught up with Japan etc. where I believe they have countdown clocks to show when lights are about to change/

Alex H

Legendary Member
about time we caught up with Japan etc. where I believe they have countdown clocks to show when lights are about to change/

Even France :ohmy:

Piegut Pluvier04.jpg

At least you know how long you've got to get a drink ^_^

...they have those countdown lights over this way too, at least in some areas. Just back from working in Hat Yai in the south, and many lights there stay on '99' for what seems like an age, then eventually start to count down - no wonder people nod off at the lights.

Traffic lights in general here are seen more as a suggestion, rather than something you have to obey. I often just make it through a set of lights as they turn to red, thinking I was lucky to make it, then in my rear view mirror I see a whole bunch more following through.......:wacko:

Recycle

Über Member
The ASZ as a safety measure is a controversial topic amongst cyclists but I like it because red lights have become an opportunity for motorists to catch up with social media on their mobile phones. I don't know how many times I have been caught behind motorists who only set off halfway through a green phase. The ASZ provides the opportunity to get halfway to the next stop before the front motorist has even woken up.

simongt

Guru
And of course, there are the drivers to whom the ASZ doesn't exist and they stop on it anyway:wacko: But I simply stop in front of them, although this in itself is a moot legal point and these are the occasions when I'm not paying attention to the light change - arf arf - !:dance:

Recycle

Über Member
Just re-read my post
but I like it because red lights have become an opportunity for motorists to catch up with social media on their mobile phones.
:banghead:

Just to clarify - I don't have any particular liking for the fact that red lights have become a place for motorists to be stupid.:blush:

Bianchi boy

Über Member
Well done.

Typical average response times as well, I imagine, from average car drivers but there again, about time we caught up with Japan etc. where I believe they have countdown clocks to show when lights are about to change/
Spain has them too:wahhey:

Top Bottom