Pigeon Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I've seen lots of reddish sandy stuff coming out of a flue where there's been a soot fire.
If there's been a soot fire it must predate me as it's always been a gas fire in my time. 50's house with coal fire at one time so possible :okay: Roughly 30 years of coal fire I think.

Lots of movement up there this morning. Cats have been very interested. Minstrel even tried to get her paw up there. Lots of craning of necks :laugh:

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
My Mum heard a bump & a scuffle one morning but couldn't quite place it. Later that day she cleaned the living room and went to light the box fire. A sooty squirrel shot out of the box and legged it around the room all over the sofas & up the walls. She eventually shooed it out of the front door. It had fallen down the metal chimney liner and sat in the box stove all day. You will have to install a pigeon extraction hatch !

Think of the savings in mince pies. He can eat two dead pigeons instead with his beer)

(my family it was shortbreads and port for Santa, and almost never dead pigeons)

Ah - with a "squirrel" hatch and Santa's good tastes Family 26 could be kept in fresh meat. Mind you two pigeons in 3 years we'd be rather thin.

Top Bottom