Piles/ haemorroids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
GlamorganGuy

GlamorganGuy

Wet wipes should be ok but I think general advice is to avoid soap when cleaning. Just plain water works. You can get portable bidets which sit on top of the loo seat which can be useful.
Yes a not-too-hot plain water shower seems to help a lot. Back on bike today and feeling absolutely fine.

Drago

Legendary Member
I suffered the Nurembergs recentlymfor the first time after being stricken with diverticulitis. Anusol cream and suppositories worked very quickly.

i consider myself pretty healthy but i've suffered from them on and off.
think it's just some sort of pressure put in the wrong place and out they pop. once you've had them it's going to be easy for them to reappear probably. anyway, i've found some of the usual creams and suppositories to be useful at easing them. but nothing got rid of them quicker, it was just a matter of waiting it out. true story, i had one rupture, it was a blood bath! pray that never happens to you :laugh:

OP
OP
GlamorganGuy

GlamorganGuy

I'm mostly OK but occurrences are annoyingly unpredictable. I'm finding that eating the right stuff is absolutely essential. Unfortunately I'm having to avoid overly spicy foods. Plenty of veg like broccoli and cauliflower really help for going to the toilet without too much effort. Steamed cabbage is the best, boring taste-wise but drench in malt or cider vinegar and it's pretty damn good.

Oranges are very fibrous too...and are ummm good stool facilitators :okay:
Orange juice 'with bits' is effective for many, I believe.
The issue is only very, very occasional for me, usually when a change of diet for a short period is forced upon me. I seem to have a naturally very fast 'transit time' for a Westerner; an occasional generous helping of sweetcorn kernels confirms that it's not slowed appreciably in over 50 years!

vickster

Legendary Member
Orange juice 'with bits' is effective for many, I believe.
The issue is only very, very occasional for me, usually when a change of diet for a short period is forced upon me. I seem to have a naturally very fast 'transit time' for a Westerner; an occasional generous helping of sweetcorn kernels confirms that it's not slowed appreciably in over 50 years!
I can't drink orange juice, gives me heartburn and nausea! xx( Oranges are ok though in their fruit form (except all the bits get stuck in teeth)

Top Bottom