Piles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Thankfully I don't suffer any pain with mine, just copious amounts of bleeding. I've not really figured out the cause although I can rule out long distance cycling as it doesn't seem to matter if I've done 100 miles or not looked at a bike for weeks.

I did use suppositories for a while which seemed to ease the bleeding a bit but now I just manage it as best I can.
Get them seen to, the first thing is to make certain the bleeding is only from the piles. Piles come are either intenal, which become apparent when they bleed or external, the ones that are more noticeable pain wise. I ended up having to have an operation to remove what the surgeon described as very large internal ones. Cause as has been noted can be straining too much, but equally a spell of very loose bowel movements can equaly cause them.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Seen by doc more times than I to remember the glove. All other scans/tests too but apparently not worth operating yet. Stress and nervousness seems to exacerbate them.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Overalls ?

I've always found some generic cream from the pharmacist quite effective on the old Chalfonts, with a healthy fibrous diet and some Sudocrem if they get sore.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I am an occasional sufferer. Being on regular doses of codeine doesn't help matters, but they've improved since I backed off the weight training and increased the fibre intake. Last month however I was in a fearful state. The usual Germoloids weren't doing much, either cream or suppositories, so I trotted down to the GP to see whether there was anything stronger on prescription. Her opinion was that if the prorietary stuff wasn't having any effect, there was always the option of surgery. Now, I'm in bits as it is, and didn't fancy being incapacitated any more than I already am, so she said that there was an old wives cure, which was the healing power of cold tea. Apparently a used teabag applied topically can help to reduce the pain itching and swelling. We agreed I'd give it a go and go back and see her a week later. As I got home I realised that I don't use teabags, preferring loose leaf tea and a pot, so I improvised by scooping the cold wet leaves out of the pot and used them like a cold compress. A week later I went back to see the GP. she told me to drop my trousers and lie on the couch with my knees drawn up. "Well, your piles aren't much better" she said She drew her chair up behind me, the lights dimmed slightly and her voice lowered "But you are going on a journey. You have reached a crossroads in your life......"

Texan

Regular
i have had one single pile about a year ago,a bit of an odd feeling when i first discovered it!
i now take a fibre drink every evening and it's never reappeared
my stools are the best !!
hooray for fibre !!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Fibre was the answer for me. The discomfort was so bad that every ride became purgatory. I got a supply of fruit and nut muesli because it's one of my favourites. As well as breakfast I snacked on it throughout the day. After about three weeks the piles disappeared, no more discomfort, no more bleeding. Might work for you.

Top Bottom