Pillows?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm sick and tired, (no pun intended), of buying new pillows only for them to lose their shape and go flat in next to no time.

I've tried memory foam too but found them too firm, granted there are probably different firmness options.

I've tried all the standard 'bounce back' claiming pillows, but my recent research seems to suggest that latex pillows are the way to go if you want them to keep their shape.

TBH I've never spent top dollar on pillows either, but it might be time to dig deeper and get the matter settled, and certainly seems to be the case if you want latex.

So, is anyone using latex pillows and can give some real world reviews of them?

T.I.A.:cheers:

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve got a Dunlopillo latex pillow following recommendation from my physio. Worth every penny of the £60 odd it cost. You need to get one that works for how you sleep, side, front or back

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's a bit of a mare. I bought expensive duck feather ones for when I came out of hospital with a broken back. They worked, but only last a few years. I have a memory foam under pilow and a softer top pillow. I'm like an old nanna with pillows. Two for my head, but usually have one behind me, and one in front (side sleeper) so I can roll slightly back, or forward to relieve pressure on my spine. A good mattress helps. We've just got rid of a 5 year old expensive Tempur as my wife didn't like it - too hard. Was ideal for my back at the time as it was the only thing I could sleep on.

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
One of the problems with pillows is you don't really know what you've got till you have brought it.
I like a flatish, firm pillow, preferably no more than 3 inches thick, try finding one?
And of course everyone has different needs but there's only a limited choice in shops, wouldnt dream of buying one online. We looked extensively a few weeks ago and I couldn't feel confident about any i tried.

I came away empty handed.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
One of the problems with pillows is you don't really know what you've got till you have brought it.
I like a flatish, firm pillow, preferably no more than 3 inches thick, try finding one?
And of course everyone has different needs but there's only a limited choice in shops, wouldnt dream of buying one online. We looked extensively a few weeks ago and I couldn't feel confident about any i tried.

I came away empty handed.
I did find a low flat one on Amazon but it was too low even for me. It was quite firm so may well suit you.

I am bothered with neck pain that can spark headaches so have stuck with their higher, shaped one.

Attachments

• 4D4B27DC-8E0C-424F-8264-63567D8322EF.png
    4D4B27DC-8E0C-424F-8264-63567D8322EF.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 26E6447B-1DD7-4485-8A6B-487F01629445.png
    26E6447B-1DD7-4485-8A6B-487F01629445.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 2

Dave7

Legendary Member
Same here - lots to 'feel'.
Pity they don't sell wives as well ^_^

We've been increasing our spend each time on pillows. Dunelm are to a price and profit point. Not very good ime of trying just about every one they sell.

After a long spell of bad back ache if I spent much more than 6 hours in bed we went to Benson for beds to buy a mattress. We left with the pillow used on one of the mattresses we tried. £67 and hybrid memory foam/latex with carbon in so it isn't as hot as most memory foam. Side sleeper and firm one.

My back ache never appeared the next, Sunday morning after hours of lie in. Since then it has collapsed in height such that it works n as a back sleeper and just about n as a side sleeper. Only had it for about 3 months so it's worrying to see it collapse like that. IMHO no pillow lasts long.

Down and feather pillows are bleeding awful! Aside from the allergy aspect they collapse as soon as you first use them. It's a sign of how poor a design they are is the way you have to fluff them every night just to get a little bit of comfort from them before they collapse again. Waste of money!

Pillows like mattresses and cycle tyres/ brakes/gears/ etc are about personal choice and opinion. I've given mine, it's up to you whether you agree or not. If you think I'm mad for having them I will not take offence. PS I prefer 10 speed over 8 speed. Another thing I can be lynched over I guess! 😆

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I'm sick and tired, (no pun intended), of buying new pillows only for them to lose their shape and go flat in next to no time.

I've tried memory foam too but found them too firm, granted there are probably different firmness options.

I've tried all the standard 'bounce back' claiming pillows, but my recent research seems to suggest that latex pillows are the way to go if you want them to keep their shape.

TBH I've never spent top dollar on pillows either, but it might be time to dig deeper and get the matter settled, and certainly seems to be the case if you want latex.

So, is anyone using latex pillows and can give some real world reviews of them?

T.I.A.:cheers:
Dunlopillo users here - £75 apiece and worth every penny.

They last for yonks without losing shape.

Also invest in pillow liners to help keep them nice and fresh.

Don't forget - pillows differ in thickness for back sleepers vs side sleepers.

Top Bottom