Pinarello but what is it? reald deal or pretender?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I picked up a bike today a bit of mish mash in terms of spec but heres what I do know

It has the graphics, transfers not riveted.
The frame number is 151 then stamped seperarate S18 5DJ ( that could be a postcode) then 3552 stamped seperately.

the shifters are campag but the rear derailler Sachs Huret. Wheels rigida 700c cranks simply say c4 Made in France.
Handlebars Hsinlung

the condition of theframe would make me think not been repainted for years, I t is a seafoam green colour not dissimilar to that favoured by Bianchi.

Saddle is some non descript horrible padded thing !!!! ...I also find it strange that the forks have lugs to accomodate mudguards, but my Airlite does so perhaps paranoia on my part..Brakes a re not marked on the levers but Weinmann at the business end ...

your thoughts ?

Andrew

Attachments

• Pinarello 006.JPG
    Pinarello 006.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Pinarello 001.JPG
    Pinarello 001.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 63

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Post pictures of the frame lugs, the drop outs (where the wheels are) and the top of the rear seat stays (where the seat post is clamped).

Some of the members here will be able to help. Lugs and drop outs are good to identify a quality frame.

Is there any engravings on the dropout where the wheel bolts. Quality frames may have Campagnolo or Cinelli engraved dropouts.

OP
OP
A

Andrew chance

Post pictures of the frame lugs, the drop outs (where the wheels are) and the top of the rear seat stays (where the seat post is clamped).

Some of the members here will be able to help. Lugs and drop outs are good to identify a quality frame.

Is there any engravings on the dropout where the wheel bolts. Quality frames may have Campagnolo or Cinelli engraved dropouts.
Couple more pictures which hopefully tell a better tale, the lug work is understated, see what you think guys and gals
pinarello2 004.JPG

Attachments

• pinarello2 009.JPG
    pinarello2 009.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 44
  • pinarello2 006.JPG
    pinarello2 006.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 39

Saluki

World class procrastinator
S18 5DJ is Dronfield, in case you are interested. I think you may be right about the post code thing. My bikes, up until I was about 25, all had my postcode stamped on them (by my Dad)

Looks a nice bike, I like the colour.

OP
OP
A

Andrew chance

That makes sense Saluki I bought it perhaps 3 miles away from Dronfield and the rather large transfer on the seat tube is MB Cycles at Dronfield who I believe having a quick google are no longer going. By all accounts they were quite accomplished frame builders. The guy I bought it off did a garage clearance, there was a few old bikes in the garage and knew nothing about it. It would be nice to establish it is a Pinarello, and model etc. Needs some tlc as you can see from the pics, That raises a nother question do you do all you need to make it a safe ride and see the battle scars as a part of her history ? He has an old Carlton too which I hope to acquire sounds like an old corsair. I grew up near carlton in Lindrick so a special bond and reasonably easy to date. My thoughts for this is to do the eroica at Bakewell, but need to make sure by a bit of research she qualifies ..any help everybody really appreciated tia

Andy

Top Bottom