Ping Admin - Re Forum Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I bet you took a deep breath before announcing this. The new style is quite similar to the current though and it looks pretty good to me, I can't see it causing a mass walkout as on other unmentionable sites.

It's nice of you to give us a warning and sneak preview as well, rather than just give us a suprise kick in the knackers.

:tongue: :?: :biggrin:

There's lots of new buttons and things to 'play' with :?: Looking well organized, well done Shaun (and thanks in advance) :tongue: .

Shaun

Founder
Well, that's what I wanted to do - make sure most people got a chance to see what was coming, and have a good idea of when it would happen.

I did a test-run this evening, and transferring all users, threads, posts, PM's and avatars took less than an hour. :tongue:

There are a few things that will need tidying up afterwards, but it pretty much goes over well.

I'm hoping it'll be an improvement - it'll certainly make the admin job easier, and I expect once people get used to the new features most will agree it's a good move.

Check out the thread-hover feature - click on a forum, then hover your mouse over a thread - see the start of the thread text appear - allows you to preview it without the need to click on it ... neat eh! :?:

Hope not too many people are too put off by the idea - shouldn't be too bad, and if anyone needs any help with the new layout/features, just PM or email me. :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun

Mr Phoebus

Administrator said:
I did a test-run this evening, and transferring all users, threads, posts, PM's and avatars took less than an hour. :?:
[Matthew Hopkins]You be a witch?[/ Matthew Hopkins]

It looks cool, much appreciated.
:tongue:

Pete

Looks good to me... of course the forum, as is, is pretty well new to the overwhelming majority of us, so no worry about people suffering 'culture shock' as presumably happened in the C+/radar changeover. Nevertheless I'll add my compliments to Admin, alongside those already paid, for a job well done - in anticipation! :tongue:

mosschops2

What?? Notice?? No blinding bright whiter than white glaring background??

Same overall layout?? Opportunity not taken to add an extra eighty seven forum locations??

I think sonny jim me lad you've got some things to learn about how to upgrade a website!!!!

(Oh no, my mistake. Looks great btw!!!)

Blue

Legendary Member
Administrator said:
Check out the thread-hover feature - click on a forum, then hover your mouse over a thread - see the start of the thread text appear - allows you to preview it without the need to click on it ... neat eh! :tongue:
Cheers,
Shaun

I noticed that when I first had a look and agree it's a neat feature.

Congrats on handling the change so well so far :?:

fuzzy29

Looks good, an upgrade and improvement, rather than a complete overhaul into something monstrous. Makes a change.....

Shaun

Founder
I think that's covered by "New Posts" in the top nav-bar?

I'm still getting to grips with it myself :tongue:

Top Bottom