Ping : Edinburgh/Fife commuters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
the climb up to on both sides of the bridge is a pig but so is the climb from the bottom to the top of inverkeithing. Depending on wind direction it can be hard but like Tetedalcourse says cannae beat the view and I rememeber when QM2 was in for its maiden voyage a few years back its was just stunning.

cannondale boy

Über Member
Yes both sides are a bitch, but once you get half way your more or less free wheeling which i did yesterday. Coming back half way across the bridge i was free wheeling all the way past the park and ride at inverkeithing.

So i would say thats a good mile and a half of doing nothing! (average 18mph) :tongue:

Ranger

There seems to be loads of us coming out of the woodwork, so come on all you Forth Bridge commuters own up now and we can set up our own gang to start posts with just the name of a street as the title;)

habibi

angusde said:
Have you noticed on the FETA website they are thinking about lowering the wind speed at which they close the foot/cycle paths?

what what? where is this info?

its already ridiculous, a wee breeze at about 25mph and they shut it these days. i just jump the gate anyway.

where are feta's windspeed instruments located? at the top of the towers?

habibi said:
what what? where is this info?

The FETA site says:-

"The bridge's footpaths should be closed to pedestrians when wind speeds reach 50 m.p.h. rather than 65 m.p.h. as at present."

Pressumably that's forecast gusts to 65mph, as a sustained mean wind speed of 65mph is pretty rare!

Angus

PS I often think that the various google maps based route planing sites, should have a application that uses the weather reports that are also available to give a mean head/tail wind for your selected route...

Top Bottom