Ping *Gyle commuters*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sunnyjim

HJ said:
Those who commute to the Gyle, and I know there are some on here, might be interested to know that there will be free "Better Way to Work Event" at the Gyle on Friday 9th April.

I don't commute there, but sometimes shop. Secure bike parking/stands near all the main entrances would help- I think there is a bike stand, but it's tucked away past the unfashionabe end of M&S).
The tramworks seem to have dug up most of the bit of cyclepath avoiding the Gogar roundabout then abandon it.

I used to work there, but we moved back into town in November. We are also probably too big an organisation.

BTW HJ, if you are doing work for the bike station, do you know Gary Bell?

D-Rider

I'm a Gyle commuter when I'm not up in Aberdeen. Will probably be there on Friday in fact. What's happening and does it happen at lunch time? ;)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
As Touche knows, a 'better way to work' at the Gyle means avoiding the underpass up by Edinburgh Park station!! After months of being fine, it's now flooded again and under a foot of fetid, honking water.

Going through the Gyle estate is no better - the road appears to have been repeatedly cluster-bombed.

Just a hi from another Gyle commuter (retired )

I was one of those 'folding bike crew. Changed job and not going to the Gyle any more - but my new employer maybe has plans to move to the Gyle in the future...just can't stay away!!

Currystom'

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Touche said:
Sorry to hear about the underpass goo. Can't say I'm sorry to be back in the centre of town now.

I suspect it's because they're digging up all along the nearby embankment for the tramworks - they'll have clogged up the drainage channel that was cut last year and kept the flooding away for months. I've done a Victor Meldrew-style email to the council again... :biggrin:

Top Bottom