Ping! Ping!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill

Hello, I own a Brompton cycle ...late 2017 model. The 'improved ' daft little bell is hopeless. I brought one of those attachments from the Far East that allow you to fit extras on the handlebars....more space.. (My bars are the 'H' ones) I have a normal bell there. The Ping bell by Brompton on the right brake assembly is redundant. How to I remove the ENTIRE assembly?? Unscrewing the bell shows some sort of spacer?? Has anybody out there removed this small, silly 'bell'?!

OP
OP
Bill

Bill

Oh dear...ninty five views and not a singe person knows this problem??! Don't any of you install decent bar ends on your Brompton's and find the silly little bell in the way of your hands?...due to the bar end width pushing your hand further over...

Ganroon

I am sorry that I do not know how to remove the bell but I do agree with you that the 'new' bell is far too quiet. The old one was much better.

simon.r

Person
I moved the bell from right to left. As far as I can recall it’s just a matter of undoing a couple of screws.

It’s loud enough to let pedestrians know you’re approaching IME.

OP
OP
Bill

Bill

Hello All, I should really say sorry for this posting a month or so ago as I took...'the bull by the horns' and had a GOOD look at the 2017 model bell. When you remove the bell assembly and the black metal plate you find a small mounting held on by two smallish Allen key bolt! After tightening up the bolts the brake works as it should....Just noticed on my bike, the hole's for the two Allen key bolts is mirrored on the left hand brake assembly...as well!!

Top Bottom