1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ping richp

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by wallabyhunter, 11 Jun 2008.

1. wallabyhunter

wallabyhunter New Member

Hey richp How's the planning going? Right on the count down for me now, finish work in 8 days, bit of travelling, then try out the new bike for a coupla weeks, then into it!

Any idea yet where you'll be & when?

Bonne chance,

2. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Hi Wallaby, the route at the moment is still in a state of flux but roughly speaking it looks like an anticlockwise circle from Le Havre through these places
    Pont l'Eveque, Falaise, Domfront, Rennes, Nantes, Saumur, Chenonceaux, Cloyes, Brionne.

I think we'll be travelling east along the Loire in late July.

Are you planning on being thereabouts any time then?

If the weather is crap I may take a train further south but I'd rather not.

3. OP
    OP
    wallabyhunter

wallabyhunter New Member

Hey Richp, we should keep in touch we will cross each others paths at one stage.

I will start in Nevers & head for the coast, then out to Brest & then NE. Initial plan was to Calais, but I'm thinking now maybe as far as Belgium, just to try the Chocolates beer (sorry the wife was watching!);)

4. rich p

Yes indeed. I don't normally do the internet thing when I'm only in France for a couple of weeks but a lot of campsites have the facility these days so it'll be no problem. God, I fancy a beer right now sitting on a terrace with the sun shining and a plate of moules marinieres. ;)

5. OP
    OP
    wallabyhunter

wallabyhunter New Member

Deal, as soon as I get a euro tel no I'll let you know, & if we are close enough to detour I'll buy the moules marinieres (+chillies), you buy the beer!

gb

6. rich p

Nice one! I'll set up a hotmail account anyway.