ping Scots lass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scots_lass

It was indeed Jane and I think you went flying past me on the way to Clackmannan. I didn't see you coming back and assumed you went to to Gartmorn. You were on bike NO. 2! (with the panniers!).

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
I thought it was your car, but no, that was not me that went flying past you, as that day, I headed off from Oakely, to Saline, on the road bike and then back on the track at Slack. Seems like there are other speeding women on that track too then! :biggrin:

I saw your car parked not long after I picked up the track again ;)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Hello ladies,

do you think there would there be some interest in a genteel ladies' ride?
The CC Ecosse rides seem to be very bloke-heavy, which may put beginner ladies off from picking up the courage to join in the fun ...

Just a thought ...

[Nothing wrong with blokes coming along if they want to be ladies for the day :biggrin:, and nothing wrong with speedy ladies either.]

T

scots_lass

HonestMan1910 said:
I visted Fife yesterday and neither of you were out playing :sad:

Correct! Yesterday was gym and gardening day! Eventually hung up my gardening tools at a quarter to eight at night!
I very rarely see any lady out on their bike alone so I just assumed that the streak of lightening going past me was Jane!

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
I have been out on my bike almost every day now for weeks :wacko:

A genteel ladies day sounds like a great idea Telemark, would you be interested Scotslass?? :sad:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Hi Jane,

I recently was involved in organising a workplace challenge to get as many staff as possible out cycling, at least once, over a period of three weeks. There are a lot of people (especially women) out there who just lack the confidence to got out for a wee ride by themselves.

If there was an opportunity to go with a friendly small group, they might be tempted to give it a try... and then enjoy themselves :sad:. Especially if we start off away from traffic, on a scenic cycle path ... (there was a lassie on here last year who was a bit scared of traffic, as I remember - she now puts the fear of god into the blokes of her local cycling club :biggrin::sad:;))

Maybe we should start a new thread? We might not get many, but it would be nice to recruit a new cyclist or two ... with the hope of them being encouraged to join the general CC Ecosse lot for even more fun :smile:. What do you think?

T

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Telemark that is an excellent idea. I was helped so much when I first started cycling, by going out for rides with the CC Ecosse.

You are right, I was terrified of the roads at first, simply because I could not ride a bikexx(

Want to start a thread? You are better at organising these things than I am

:angry:

:blush:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Jane Smart said:
Telemark that is an excellent idea. I was helped so much when I first started cycling, by going out for rides with the CC Ecosse.

You are right, I was terrified of the roads at first, simply because I could not ride a bikexx(

Want to start a thread? You are better at organising these things than I am

Do you think there may be some ladies lurking here? If it was me, I'd probably be a bit weary of joining up with "strange people from the internet" by myself :blush:
But that doesn't have to stop you/me/Scots Lass?? going for a ride and post about on here afterwards, and see what happens.
Mrs Scoosh (who is not a CC member but maybe Scoosh(ie) is reading this :blush:) has just recently said she would be interested in going for a ride, but not during the next wee while, as she is super busy just now...

Genteel ladies' rides of course need to have a cafe stop ...

Any ideas over near your area? Or have you ever been along the Union Canal from Edinburgh, and then along the Water of Leith path out to Balerno? (off road mostly, can be muddy, so not Merida country :angry:)

If you are still not keen on catching a train to Edinburgh, I could cycle out towards the bridges to "fetch" you, that way we'd get a slightly longer ride in before the "genteel" bit :blush:.

T

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Telemark, I am not keen on getting the train across you have a good memory. To cycle to meet me/us would be very kind of you. There is also the cycle path to Clackmannan, which leads onto Gartmorn Damn. I believe that there is a cafe there, I could cycle onto it in the next few days, to see if they do cakes etc., and also their opening times :blush: I wouldn't mind finding that out anyway, so don't let that make your mind up as to where we go. The union canal I hear is nice ( I think it is the Union one anyway ) maybe there? I think that Scotslass does that sometimes? :blush:

I would love to meet Mrs Scoosh ( ie) and look forward to her having more time to come out and join us all :angry:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Jane Smart said:
Telemark, I am not keen on getting the train across you have a good memory. To cycle to meet me/us would be very kind of you. There is also the cycle path to Clackmannan, which leads onto Gartmorn Damn. I believe that there is a cafe there, I could cycle onto it in the next few days, to see if they do cakes etc., and also their opening times :blush: I wouldn't mind finding that out anyway, so don't let that make your mind up as to where we go. The union canal I hear is nice ( I think it is the Union one anyway ) maybe there? I think that Scotslass does that sometimes? :blush:

I would love to meet Mrs Scoosh ( ie) and look forward to her having more time to come out and join us all :angry:

OK, let's go for it, I'll post a new thread some time during the next few weeks (need to find a free weekend first!). Unfortunately I am all booked out for the next 3 weekends - will you be doing the Edinburgh-St Andrews ride on the 19th? :blush:

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Jane Smart said:
:bicycle:19th June do you mean?

No I have not put my name down for anything yet, except the 100 miler one on the 26th June :laugh:

Yes 19th June, there is a thread somewhere on CC on it, with links to the details - it was good fun last year! Starts in Edinburgh, finishes in St A...

(I better stop posting from work :sad:)

T

Top Bottom