** PING ** Sh4rkyBloke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tharg2007

Veteran
on the way in today (first day back on the bike) on the corner of boundary lane and booth street where we turn left onto booth street, I was just about to take the corner and normally I take that corner wide, I dont indicate specifically so people don't take the corner on top of me. Driver in a black cleo overtakes me to take the corner in front of me cutting across my path, now this was deliberate as I could hear her accelerating to get past me, considering I wasn't indicating to turn left the assumption would be that I would be going straight on.

This driver then turned into the uni car park where you turn into.
Plate number is MD51 FPG <---- Very dangerous driver

Do you think its worth reporting her/him? could do with notifying police really and would be handy to do it via email, anyone know how?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Welcome back to biking, no doubt we'll see each other again at some point... not that I want to be picking out curtains or anything, you understand. :ohmy:

You could try contacting the Car Parking Permit Office who issue the parking permits (carparking@manchester.ac.uk) - they would have details of the driver (but in all likeliness be unable/unwilling to divulge them) but *may* (probably not though) leave a note on the windscreen saying that a report has been made about them and to be more careful (possibly even point out that CCTV images could be used against them if further reports are received etc. etc.).

Failing that you could pop into the car park yourself and leave a note as if it was from Estates... not that I'd condone such scare tactics, of course.... :smile:;)

Short of that I suspect that there's very little you can do - no witnesses and all that. I'll keep my eyes peeled though for any further evidence of the f*ckwit driving badly. :smile:

col

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Welcome back to biking, no doubt we'll see each other again at some point... not that I want to be picking out curtains or anything, you understand. :ohmy:

You could try contacting the Car Parking Permit Office who issue the parking permits (carparking@manchester.ac.uk) - they would have details of the driver (but in all likeliness be unable/unwilling to divulge them) but *may* (probably not though) leave a note on the windscreen saying that a report has been made about them and to be more careful (possibly even point out that CCTV images could be used against them if further reports are received etc. etc.).

Failing that you could pop into the car park yourself and leave a note as if it was from Estates... not that I'd condone such scare tactics, of course.... :smile:;)

Short of that I suspect that there's very little you can do - no witnesses and all that. I'll keep my eyes peeled though for any further evidence of the f*ckwit driving badly. :smile:

Just make sure you identify the real culprit,your avatar gives your abilities in that field away:laugh:

mattybain

Tharg2007 said:
This driver then turned into the uni car park where you turn into.
Plate number is MD51 FPG <---- Very dangerous driver

Do you think its worth reporting her/him? could do with notifying police really and would be handy to do it via email, anyone know how?

Are you sure it was a black cleo, ASKMID says it's a Peugeot 206? still they are pretty similar.

Anyway as I commute that way nearly every day I will keep an eye out for them, thanks for the tip off.

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
mattybain said:
Are you sure it was a black cleo, ASKMID says it's a Peugeot 206? still they are pretty similar.

Anyway as I commute that way nearly every day I will keep an eye out for them, thanks for the tip off.

if that's what it says that what it will be, look similar. It was a little black car.

Top Bottom