*ping* the p*uncture fairy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks a lot, very funny, and through a p*ncture resistant tyre too, just as it started to rain and making me walk so that just as I got to the level crossing it closed to let not one but two trains through. You really do pick your moments, ten years without a puncture and you timed it perfectly.

Pete

Count yourself lucky, Mickle me mate. On the commute that I used to have, ten years ago, I had to pass a level crossing which was almost invariably down to let not one, not two, but usually three or even four trains pass (and there were only two tracks: work that one out!). Furthermore it was right alongside the station, so the trains took a long time to get past. The only alternatives were a long detour taking in a busy D/C, or a pedestrian tunnel which was so low that only a four-foot dwarf could have walked it without scraping their head - as for cycling along it xx(xx(:sad: ....

And - ten years without the faeries! ... well I'm reasonably content with my 'dillos but I wouldn't tempt Providence that far!

Pete

mickle said:
I sent her a PM but she didn't reply. Are you aware that she is a member of this forum? Check the member list.
Ouch! Gordon Bennett! You learn something new every day!

Should we not have 'out'ed Ms. P.-F. as a troll the instant s/he registered? Come to think of it, faeries are trolls, sort of, aren't they? Same generic species, along with elves, goblins, gnomes, gremlins, ...

Come on then, own up, whoever it is ... :sad:

mondobongo

Über Member
Grrrrrrr had a total of 3 today in 10 mins of riding time. Yes I checked the tyre after each p*nct*re. When the 3rd happened called it a day and phoned the broom wagon to come and get me. Had used my spare tube and already done one roadside repair. Just fixed em all at home and dug a tiny half buried shard of glass out of the tread had not gone all the way through which meant locating it was pain in the ass.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Pete said:
Ouch! Gordon Bennett! You learn something new every day!

Should we not have 'out'ed Ms. P.-F. as a troll the instant s/he registered? Come to think of it, faeries are trolls, sort of, aren't they? Same generic species, along with elves, goblins, gnomes, gremlins, ...

Come on then, own up, whoever it is ... :sad:

She lurks!

Top Bottom