Pink Nigel Dean

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pink Nigel Dean

I bought this bike new in 1993, and rode it for many years before converting it to the electric version you see below, with the controller hidden in the saddlebag and the battery underneath it. It works well, but I've finally reached the age where I'm finding it a bit heavy to control, so I'd like to find a good home for it.

The electric bits came from an ezee conversion kit, and both the battery and the planetary gears were replaced 3 years ago, since when it has done hardly any mileage at all, which is a shame. Downside is that it has its original caliper brakes, which won't manage much of an emergency stop given the considerable weight of the battery and motor, but it's something I learned to live with..

I also have the original front hub and rim, minus the spokes, so it would be easy enough to convert it back to a classic tourer, which is why I've posted it on this thread, as I thought that might be of more interest than its present electric incarnation. All the original parts are present and correct, and all still working as they should.

Wold this be of interest to anyone?

(I love this bike, specially the way it used to be before I electrocuted it, but I'd rather it was being ridden by someone instead of just gathering dust in my garage)

Nigel Dean.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If anywhere near Wellingborough @biggs682 might be interested.

OP
OP
P

Pink Nigel Dean

Yes I do, all except the spokes, which I removed intending to fit the motor to the original rim, before I realised that the wheel supplied with the motor actually fitted the bike.

Forgot to mention I'm located in North Lancashire, near Carnforth, and the sacrilegious conversion was done very sympathetically without inflicting any damage on the poor thing, because I wanted to retain the option of returning it to its original condition eventually.

Last edited:
Top Bottom