Pinnacle Chromium or Trek DS 2? Best leisure bike for a newbie?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
@SnoopyCycles if you find an FX go for it trek site says i comes in your size Mrs 73 has one and loves it. If you can't see what else fits the bill you won't go bad with a Trek.

rivers

How far can I go?
You could also look at the pinnacle lithium 3 or even 4 as they are in your price range (£475 and £575 respectively). They both take guards and a rack and have triples in the front so a few more gear options if you will. Also have hydraulic discs

OP
OP
SnoopyCycles

SnoopyCycles

Regular
@rivers. Yes the Lithium looks lovely actually. Providing the crossbar doesn’t feel too high it could well be a contender too. Will let you know how it goes and thanks for your input

OP
OP
SnoopyCycles

SnoopyCycles

Regular
I just wanted to pop back onto the thread to thank you all for your input. I did listen! Though tempted by the Trek I am now the proud owner of a Pinnacle Chromium 1 for women (small). It’s beautiful. It has a lovely blue frame, big thick tires, really comfy swept back handlebars. They even managed to fit a kickstand after all. It has full mudguards, a basket, lights. I managed to fit a bike rack to my tiny car and headed out this evening to somewhere secluded for my first cycle in THIRTY years. It was fabulous!! I didn’t even fall off. I have a 2 hour cycle, around a local loch, planned for tomorrow morning and cannot wait. I hope you all have a lovely weekend!!

I just wanted to pop back onto the thread to thank you all for your input. I did listen! Though tempted by the Trek I am now the proud owner of a Pinnacle Chromium 1 for women (small). It’s beautiful. It has a lovely blue frame, big thick tires, really comfy swept back handlebars. They even managed to fit a kickstand after all. It has full mudguards, a basket, lights. I managed to fit a bike rack to my tiny car and headed out this evening to somewhere secluded for my first cycle in THIRTY years. It was fabulous!! I didn’t even fall off. I have a 2 hour cycle, around a local loch, planned for tomorrow morning and cannot wait. I hope you all have a lovely weekend!!

Sounds lovely. Enjoy your new bike. :biggrin:

tom73

Guru
Nice one :okay: enjoy and welcome to cycle club of fun....

Oh and btw pics of your bike please it’s the law ;)

OP
OP
SnoopyCycles

SnoopyCycles

Regular
9A6D6E1F-4D9E-444A-BE90-D6ABE9798B4D.jpeg
@tom73 here it is! And now you all know my secluded place is the local cemetery...lol.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Cemeteries and churchyards are good places to frequent as a cyclist or walker in order to refill one's water bottle. When doing a ride of any decent length I always aim to include one on my route. They also tend to be nice and peaceful, even in busy urban areas. I've also encountered some fascinating old buildings, especially the surviving medieval ones. Even if you aren't religious you often can't fail to be impressed with what was built by manual labour alone several centuries ago.

Top Bottom