Pinnacle v Btwin v Giant v Fuji

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garyalbion

I'm new to cycling but love it. Trying to upgrade from my mountain bike to road bike but just want any opinions. Im hoping to enter some sportives.

The four bikes I've tested and like are...
Giant defy 1 2014 which is £649
Btwin Alur 700 which Is £599
Pinnacle delomite 6 £623 on rtw
Fuji Sportif 1.1 D 2015 £622

All seem good to me but has anyone any opinions. Evans bike shop keep trying to sell me the Pinnacle and any opinions on them.

Sorry for all the questions!

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Tough choices, but nothing beats trying them for size, I love my Giant defy 2 for example and while I have other bikes none of them match the Giant for comfort and fit, but your experience may be different.

shadow master

Pinnacle soon to be in sports direct!.....oh well at least they may have finally found a way to get rid of the Hoy bikes!

Drago

Legendary Member
My commuter is a Pinnacle Dolomite with full 105. Apart from a slightly harsh ride I can't fault it. Fast, all day comfy, stable, nicely finished, and the all gloss black paint is either staid or classy depending on which side of 35 you are.

They're all potentially good bikes with decent reps, a good shortlist, but test ride them where you can before making your decision.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I have previously owned an aluminium Giant Defy with 9 speed Tiagra, apart from the fact the frame was to large it was a lovely bike.

Giant sizing is a bit odd & having bought a size Large (2nd hand) what i really needed was the M/L, which at the time Giant didn't do.

I now own a Cube Peloton Race (2014) & it has a better spec than the 2014 Giant Defy 1, with internal cabling & a better wheel set.
The frame though, it could be argued, may not be as good as the Giant.

Best to actually test ride or at least sit on the bikes than by blind.

Good Luck.

Goobs

Veteran
+1 for the Defy 1 2014. A bargain at that price. I picked it up at £699 last September and love it.

I have not tried the rest but as others have said - try before you buy if possible.

Evans are pretty good at letting you do that unlike a lot of LBS near me.

I am 5ft10in and got the M/L frame.

shadow master

+1 for the Defy 1 2014. A bargain at that price. I picked it up at £699 last September and love it.

I have not tried the rest but as others have said - try before you buy if possible.

Evans are pretty good at letting you do that unlike a lot of LBS near me.

I am 5ft10in and got the M/L frame.
The more I read on here, I'm flabbergasted by some people's relationship or lack of with the local bike shop!
Can't test ride a bike?extortionate workshop rates?lack of free advice?...god I'm glad my locals not one of them,guess that's why they have been around for 35 years,and it shows when you speak to them,they have a much more sensible over view of the cycle market,guess they've seen it all before!

Top Bottom