Pins nd Needles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sight-pin

Veteran
I'm interested in this idea as I start to get numbness in the hands after about a couple of hours riding. On a long ride last summer it developed into full ulna nerve palsy and one finger didn't fully recover for about a month.

I'll have a play around with moving the saddle but would moving it back put more pressure on the hands as you become more horizontal?

I moved my seat back to place my knee cap inline with the pedal spindle after reading about basic bike fit somewhere on this forum.
If i understood it correct, it places the rear end further back so the weight is less on the hands, my balance seemed better to after.
If i was you i'd mark my existing seat position with a pencil so you put it back with ease if it doesn't feel right.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Just keep changing the position of your hands on the bars.:okay:

maxfox44

Sorry to revive an old thread. But I begun to suffer from this, only after about a month of riding this 26yo mtb 13 miles each way to work and back. I played around with positions and heights, gloves and changing grip every few mins. But I finally managed to cure the problem. My solution was a combination of servicing the headset and lowering the front tyre pressure to the middle of the range shown on the tyre. I had it pumped up to the max, as I thought it would turn me into bradly wig.

Top Bottom