Pips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
When I de-pip a butternut squash, pumpkin, melon or similar fruit/veg, what should I do with the pips or seeds?

Wash and dry them, then roast and eat?
Just leave them out for the birds?

:mrpig:

classic33

Leg End Member

vickster

Legendary Member
Buy all your veg and fruit ready prepped in M&S and then you don't have to waste time precious time worrying about what do do with the pips :okay: after all, we aren’t long on this earth each one of us...

Don’t forget to recycle the packaging obvs ;)

You live in the Home Counties in 2019, not Surbiton in the 80s (ironically I’m typing this from Waitrose in Surbiton, many more Margot and Gerry than Barbara and Tom types around)

Art work?

upload_2019-4-12_18-43-11.jpeg

upload_2019-4-12_18-43-49.jpeg

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Don't give me the pip :ninja:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How about just eating them?

I buy bags of mixed seeds so it seems a bit daft to chuck away seeds from the veg that I eat. (Though I draw the line at trying to bite my way through olive stones to get at the seeds that presumably lie within them?)

classic33

Leg End Member

I buy bags of mixed seeds so it seems a bit daft to chuck away seeds from the veg that I eat. (Though I draw the line at trying to bite my way through olive stones to get at the seeds that presumably lie within them?)
Roasted as per the recipe above maybe.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

The olive stones are the seeds of the olive tree.
If you plant an olive stone it will, UK temperatures permitting, grow into an olive tree, although I don't think it will ever bear olives here.

Top Bottom