Pivot E Vault report #2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tomm Williams

Today I focused on how the Pivot rode with the battery/motor assembly removed. I waited to do this until I received a factory cover that goes in place of the motor to keep dirt out. My area is pretty dust free but I wasn’t risking anything after paying this much money.
In my mind the standard for comparison was my 2022 Specialized Diverge Carbon Expert that I’m in the process of selling to repair my credit card after buying the Pivot🤣. Although I only bought the Diverge last September, I’ve logged about 3 centuries and around 1500 total miles on it so I’m familiar with how it feels.
On my bathroom scale (which is actually fairly accurate) I noted a 2lb difference between the two bikes. As I had switched groupsets between them I believe at least a portion of the heavier weight for the Pivot can be attributed to this. I actually preferred the SRAM Rival AXS 1x that was originally on the Diverge so I switched it with the Ultegra 2x that came on the Pivot from the factory.
I prefer the convenience of 1x and the way SRAM charges over the Shimano. I don’t think many would have done the same but you like what you like!.

Now in regards to how the Pivot rode in context of agility, handling, etc….. with the motor removed it was very difficult to detect a difference in overall ride quality between the two bikes. At times the Pivot seemed slightly slower or perhaps more laborious to ride, at other times it seemed no different at all. Whatever difference was very slight…. If at all.

This characteristic was very important to me as once I recover from my surgery, I don’t intend to ride this as an E bike again until I’m so old I have no choice. It certainly appears the Pivot was made for this. Now of course this is only one aspect of what I’m reviewing but at least for this aspect, I’m very pleased.
I will be continuing my testing of the battery longevity and profile tweaks as time permits.

Last edited:
Top Bottom