Pizza Express Voucher Codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I always download a voucher code and show it to the waiter before I order at Pizza Express, but then when I ask for the bill at the end of the meal they usually bring the bill without the discount and I have to request a new bill. Yesterday however I kept both bills and when I got home I noticed they had both been printed at the same time and the waiter deliberately brought me the bill without the discount in the hope that I would pay that one. Sounds like a bit of a scam going on here.

lutonloony

Über Member
I guess if they can get away with it they will try. I shall keep an eye out for the time stamp, it sounds like a fun rant at the manager could be had. Volume and length of rant depending how quickly they offer me freebies

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
You'll probably find that the time on the receipt is the time the bill was requested from the computer, not the time the bill was printed.

OP
OP
JtB

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
What's in it for the waiter?
Well, suppose the customer pays the expensive bill but the waiter puts the cheaper bill through the system and scans their own downloaded voucher, then presumably the waiter would be able to pocket the difference right? I'm not saying that's what happens, just that it's a theoretical possibility.

You'll probably find that the time on the receipt is the time the bill was requested from the computer, not the time the bill was printed.
The reason I got suspicious in the first place was because when I complained about the expensive bill the waiter returned to the counter and immediately picked up the cheaper bill which was already printed.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Well, suppose the customer pays the expensive bill but the waiter puts the cheaper bill through the system and scans their own downloaded voucher, then presumably the waiter would be able to pocket the difference right? I'm not saying that's what happens, just that it's a theoretical possibility.

The reason I got suspicious in the first place was because when I complained about the expensive bill the waiter returned to the counter and immediately picked up the cheaper bill which was already printed.

Only works if customer is paying cash, which hardly anyone does these days. Waiter wouldn't know method of payment when setting up the scam so would have to do it to everyone in the hope of snagging a cash customer

Sandra6

Veteran
Perhaps he picked up the wrong one by mistake?
I've never had a problem when I've used vouchers in Pizza Express.
I mention that I have a discount code or voucher when we order and then I show it when I ask for the bill.
They've never attempted to over charge me - deliberately or otherwise.

Top Bottom