placing a bet on the tour de france

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Never been to the bookies before....will they laugh me out for wanting to place bets on the tour? Do they jeer you if you only put a couple of quid in?

9/1 for Lance Armstrong and 16/1 for Bradley Wiggins... might be worth a couple of quid each.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Due to the noise of the slot machines you have to use tic-tac to put the bet on - suggest pointing to your bicep and shouting out "a Monkey to place at Net and Ex"

In reality they are used to small bets especially from pensioners etc who just want to spend a fiver for a days entertainment.

darkstar

montage said:
Never been to the bookies before....will they laugh me out for wanting to place bets on the tour? Do they jeer you if you only put a couple of quid in?

9/1 for Lance Armstrong and 16/1 for Bradley Wiggins... might be worth a couple of quid each.
Nope they wont laugh you out, of course you can just whack the bet online though.

Nope it's fine putting on a couple of quid, I often pop in to stick a quid or to on the horses :smile:

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
Paddypower has Armstrong at 9/1, Evans 18/1 and Wiggins at 20/1. Worth an each way bet at those prices. They also give odds on betting without Contador.

Try Betfair where you can lay odds against other people.

Currently 1.61 for Contador, 10 for A Schleck, 13.5 for Armstrong and 36 for Wiggo.

Cadel Evans looks good value at 42, esp for a world champ!

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Not keen on entering bank details online, had problems before. Got a local bookies in stubbington village I think so might pop in. Not looking at getting into it, just a bit of fun

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Ashtrayhead said:
Paddypower has Armstrong at 9/1, Evans 18/1 and Wiggins at 20/1. Worth an each way bet at those prices. They also give odds on betting without Contador.

Worth a shot with Wiggins as there is actually a chance he could win it..... Could never see Evans winning it though.
Seeing the odds without contador would be good.

Top Bottom