Plain black ladies leggings/tights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brokenbetty

Über Member
Anyone come across any plain black full length ladies tights? I am developing a Christmas commuting kit that doesn't rule out pre or post (or mid) pub stops :laugh: and need black tights without decals or reflective bits.

I'm using fashion ones right now but they chafe a bit. I could do with something a bit wick-ier. Even runner's tights are covered in reflective bits. I've seen merino ones and I have a merino top but not sure I'd like the feel on my legs.

At this rate I'll end up waering ballet tights or something :biggrin:

(BTW I have a very hi vis vest so not too worried about ninja legs)

Brock

Do plain black ladies wear different tights to pretty ones then?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
onlyhuman said:
What are ninja legs?
I believe that the expression 'ninja' refers to plain black, ie not visible in the dark, usually at night :sad:

Hence 'ninja legs' are legs which cannot be seen in the dark at night - so how is anyone to know that they are even there ??? ;). Maybe the bicycle is pedalling itself - or is really motorised or ... :ohmy:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Not that I've found yet... I would like them for the same reasons - I can always add reflective bits in the form of slap bands etc that can be removed.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Should try Lidl or Aldi as they tend to have some ladies ones from their recent promotions, also should have the odd jacket and top too if your lucky. Tights are bib tights and only about £17, jacket about £15 and top about £8 IIRC
HTH

You used to be able to find a fine fleece one in walking shops. I can't remember the make as I ended up buying the fine fleece and making some as they were so expensive. I've just looked at my cycling bottoms (trousers I mean, bad choice of word again) and they all have reflective things on them.

If I'm cycling to shops I have some old black jersey/polyester trousers, quite fitting, one of which I had in a cupboard from M & S and the other were from a charity shop and do the trick quite well & dry quickly too.

Top Bottom