Planet Rock charity cycle ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I heard about this on the radio this morning. DJ Wyatt Wendels riding 2,000 miles in 15 days at the end of November in aid of Mind. :notworthy:

Mods. If you think this is more appropriate to the Charity rides sub section, feel free to move it.

Drago

Legendary Member
As Wyatt is going tk be there then count me out.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Forgive my cynicism and it's nice to see money going to a good cause, but from what I can make out over 90% of these charity rides are nothing more than a "Look at me, aren't I really fit and a caring citizen" ego trip. Every week the local paper has a group of firemen/plumbers/waiters/hookers cycling 100 miles in aid of something or other.

Slick

Guru
Forgive my cynicism and it's nice to see money going to a good cause, but from what I can make out over 90% of these charity rides are nothing more than a "Look at me, aren't I really fit and a caring citizen" ego trip. Every week the local paper has a group of firemen/plumbers/waiters/hookers cycling 100 miles in aid of something or other.
Good on em. :okay:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have always thought they were a good way to spend time with mates and raise money for causes without dipping in my own pocket. I used to run marathons for RNLI. I never thought of people watching me. I didnt appear in papers or seek publicity. I just ran. Hopefully my contribution helped. I dont know this DJ. But respect to anyone who wants to take on his challenge. Its tough and will earn a shed load of money for a good cause.

Top Bottom