Planet X 100% Merino Roundneck Base Layer 190gm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan57

I bought 3 of these as they were on offer ,reduced from £39.99 to £9.99 they are the short sleeved ones. To be honest when I first got them I couldn`t see them being worth the £39.99, but my thoughts have changed and you get what you pay for quality wise.

Out of the bag they felt thin but nice ,also the stitching was very good and looked like a quality job with no ends or hanging threads. When I first wore it I was a very little bit aware of some slight itching , and I mean slight which I really put down to the thought being in my head that " It`s wool it`s going to itch", but they have since been fine. They are very soft and comfortable to wear and now the "wool = itch thought" has gone I am totally unaware of them. The fit is tight and body hugging which is great as they allow other layers to be worn on top if needed . Although I have been wearing them for a few days indoors and walking the dog I hadn`t been out on the bike in them until today.

Today I did a 17 mile road/moors ride on my mtb, it was not freezing but there was a chilly wind . I also had a backpack on . I wore the Merino top with a Craghoppers micro fleece on top. The base layer made a big difference , normally I would have worn a cotton t-shirt or a dare2b poly t-shirt ,both were not as warm as the Merino top. Also I did not get damp or clammy especially on my back under the backpack. The whole ride I felt warm and comfortable ,there was no itching from the wool which I thought I might get as I warmed up. When I got home ,with a full backpack from the shops, my torso was warm and dry , when I have worn the cotton or poly tops they are very damp and I start to feel cold as soon as I get in. I put my hand under the top and felt my back it was very very slighly damp but not cold , the merino surface next to my skin was also pretty dry and warm , the outer surface of it was wetter . I have been in for 2hrs now and still have the same top on and am very warm and dry. With the cotton or poly tops I have worn I always had to take them off as soon as I got in as they were so wet and cold. Even though these are the short sleeved ones they are brilliant. After wearing cotton,poly, thermo,and thermal tops these beat them all.

Would I buy again ? most definitely and although I only paid £30 for three with p&p I can see why they they were priced higher, excellent piece of kit .I shall be buying a couple of long sleeved ones when they are available for the really cold weather.
P.s They look white in the pic but they are more of a cream colour.

Attachments

• CLPXMBL190-WHT-S-SS_P1.jpg
    CLPXMBL190-WHT-S-SS_P1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

P.P.S
Delivery was also very quick,many thanks On One.

Top Bottom