Planet X discount pricing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Blue Hills
Sorry gareth, to clarify, are you saying that they boosted the price to then apply the discount to that?

If so, definite shades of the murky mindbending** stuff UK supermarkets have been up to for decades.

What price did you get them for - are you saying that you got them for £75 before they remembered their cunning plan and whakked them to £200, meaning £100 for other punters?

** OK - fraud is the word I was looking for with the likes of Sainsburys/Tesco.

U

User33236

I bought a set of campagnolo khamsin wheels after a fellow cyclechat member pointed out to me that they would be £75 delivered in their fifty % discount offer. After placing my order I went back to check something the next day and the price had increased from £150 to £199 for no apparent reason.
Yep right around the time they upped the discount to 55% :wacko:

I shop with them from time to time and work on the principle that if I'm happy to pay the price they are asking for that day I will buy it otherwise I'll wait a week or so and look again ^_^

gareth01244

Über Member
Yes, at 50% off they where £149 so £75 next day discount had gone up but so had the price to £199.
I agree that the best thing to do is visit the site regularly and monitor the prices of items your interested in.

Crandoggler

The thing is, if it has been on sale for a period of time at that price (which I'm sure it has!) they can absolutely knock down the price to whatever they say. However, Khamsin's at £90 are still cheaper than competitors.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
yes. the latest "up to 85 per cent off" warehouse clearance prices something at double the price I paid for it when it was supposedly only 55 per cent off.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Not saying there aren't some mega bargains on bikes (though generally not my type) but ere we go again:

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BACASH/carnac-shoe-bag

Now on what planet did that ever sell for twenty quid?

Well now apparently the self same thing (and hence the link pointer has changed) on planet earth only ever really sold for £9.99 (but would anyone have ever paid that for a placcy bag?)

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BACASH/carnac-shoe-bag

As I said above, there are undoubtedly some real bargains with the yorkshiremen from planet X ( i have had some) and partucukarly on the bikes (though mostly not my type of thing) but folk would be well advised to ignore the "previous prices" and just decide if stuff is worth the advertised price, thouh of course that can be tricky with online stuff with unkown brands.

My advice is to wait for its sales and bundle up enough "bargains" for its £50 free postage threshold.

Last edited:
Top Bottom