Planet X EC130E Shimano Ultegra 6800 Aero Road Bike - Are they good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gmw492

Veteran
Seen the Planet X Ec 130e bike on offer with Ultegra for £1499 ,searched forums but not really found if anyone owns one,are they good,it's aero so unsure as it may be too aggressive positioning for me so would have to travel to store to try one for comfort and size,bit of a journey so before I contemplate going thought I would get some advice,as I live closer to Ribble,Merlin,Dolan,Formby cycles and Leisure Lakes there are bikes I can try before I buy as they say,don't want to chance mail order form Canyon ,Rose etc,any thoughts

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXRRULT/planet-x-ec130e-shimano-ultegra-6800-aero-road-bike

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@gmw492 a good friend of mine is selling a couple of these in 54cm size he is London based

one is black other is blue and yellow if i remember rightly neither have seen the rain

PlanetX ec130-e Charcoal/Black
Size-M
Full Ultegra Di2 groupset
Vision team 35 wheelset
Selle San Marco saddle
Black Lizard skin bar tape

Planet X ec130-e Team Carnac colours, Blue and fluorescent yellow.
Size M
Full SRAM force 22 mechanical groupset
Vision Metron 81 Carbon clincher wheelset
Black Lizard skin bar tape (double wrapped)
Fizik Arione saddle

from memory black one is £1500 and the other is £1750 if interested i could put the 2 of you in contact

OP
OP
gmw492

gmw492

Veteran
@gmw492 a good friend of mine is selling a couple of these in 54cm size he is London based

one is black other is blue and yellow if i remember rightly neither have seen the rain

PlanetX ec130-e Charcoal/Black
Size-M
Full Ultegra Di2 groupset
Vision team 35 wheelset
Selle San Marco saddle
Black Lizard skin bar tape

Planet X ec130-e Team Carnac colours, Blue and fluorescent yellow.
Size M
Full SRAM force 22 mechanical groupset
Vision Metron 81 Carbon clincher wheelset
Black Lizard skin bar tape (double wrapped)
Fizik Arione saddle

from memory black one is £1500 and the other is £1750 if interested i could put the 2 of you in contact
Ah thanks for reply,was looking into the finance to buy one and also might pay the bike fit to get it just right

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
IMG_0820.JPG
I'm sorry I can't advise on the Planet X but this Forme Thorpe Pro Carbon with Ultegra and Mavic Ksyrium wheels is worth a look at £899! Unfortunately you won't be able to try before you buy.
They have a few other bikes, well reduced and worth looking at too.
http://www.startfitness.co.uk/sale/...-carbon-road-bike-w-ksyrium-wheels-for67.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
gmw492

gmw492

Veteran
Yes looks a good deal thanks,really wanna try one and bike fit my next bike as I was caught out on a wrong size previously as I made the mistake of going for size chart which wasn't accurate for myself :blush:

Top Bottom