Planet X pro carbon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommohawk

Does anyone have the above bike? Not many reviews out there and curious as to how it stacks up against other similar bikes. My only experience with PX so far is some clothing items which have been incredible value for money.

Mates had one for years and he's happy with it. The offer at the time was that and some RED groupset for a grand.
It's a nice frame. A few years ago it was all over the place at triathlons.

SydZ

Über Member
It had a bit of a reputation for speed wobble a number of years ago and I instead opted for the RT-58 available at the time. I don’t know if there have been any changes to the frame / setup to address it.

It had a bit of a reputation for speed wobble a number of years ago and I instead opted for the RT-58 available at the time. I don’t know if there have been any changes to the frame / setup to address it.
It's a different frame now. Disc brakes on it.
My Giant TCR was a lovely frame but had a speed wobble on it the once. Steep hill and a cross wind. Weird.

They have some good offers on.

It's always scores high in vfm stakes. Depends on your budget and what spec is important to you

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You'll probably get better components than on a big name brand bike but you might not get the same level of warranty or service.
Rather than asking others on their opinion which is very subjective the only way to find out if it's the bike for you is to throw a leg over it.

Erasmus

I've got the Pro Carbon, and also a Giant TCR Advanced. The Giant definitely handles a bit better at low speed social rides (the PX is a bit jittery at the handlbars), and also downhill at speed.

However, although I prefer the Giant (particularly in summer), I never 'dread' switching to the PX and still enjoy riding it. As Cycleops says, try and get a go on one. Good luck, John.

Top Bottom