Planet X RT 58 - Carbon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
Selling my RT 58.

I bought this a year ago as I wanted to try a carbon frame. Having ridden it for approx 600 miles last Spring I've decided it's not for me. My loss, your gain!

Size is XL, 58cm seat tube (centre to top). It's set up for me at 6'2" in the photos. Full geometry here: http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRPXRT58FAF/planet-x-rt-58-carbon-road-frame-and-fork

SRAM Force shifters and mechs, SRAM chainset, Planet X superlight brakes, FSA carbon seat post, Planet X finishing kit, new Maxxis Fuse tyres (I changed them before riding the bike). Ridiculously light!

Two small imperfections, detailed on the next post (sorry, posted thread without uploading the relevant photos).

Bike can be viewed / test ridden (at my discretion) at either Keyworth, NG12 of Sherwood, NG5. I will deliver within an hour's or so drive of Nottingham for the cost of diesel, or will post at cost (in a Wiggle cardboard bike box).

Cost was £1500 new, looking for £1000.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
The imperfections:

I fitted a bottle cage with insufficient spacers and it has left very minor scoring on the downtube.

I unshipped the chain a couple of times which has left marks on the chain stay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
[QUOTE 3063619, member: 30090"]Details Simon.

Size, groupset, price, why you are selling etc.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, hit the post button too early and had to edit ! Hopefully answered your points now, but please ask if I've not.

To expand on the reason for selling - this bike is incredibly light, stiff and fast, but I'm not^_^ It seems to come into its own at higher speeds and if I'm honest I'm more of a pootler. I have a steel framed bike which I prefer riding and have just built up a Ti frame which will replace the RT 58. Nothing wrong with it (bar the points mentioned), just not my cup of tea.

I'm also moving house and getting married in a few months, and while Mrs simon.r to be is a lovely woman, I can't really justify moving 8 bikes that the single me has accumulated into the marital home! If anyone's interested in a Pompetamine, a Macinato, or a Charge Juicer frame give me a shout.

Any questions, or if you'd like photos of particular bits please ask.

Last edited:
Top Bottom