Planet-X Uncle John

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leighz

Über Member
anyone got a large one?

after the top tube (actual and effective if possible) and headtube lengths

cheers

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Geometry is on the Px site, isn't it? Under the frame FAQs section?

Direct link http://www.planet-x-warehouse.co.uk/?page_id=1461

OP
OP
L

leighz

Über Member
yep....

but not always found their figures accurate and am bored of buying the wrong frame

....so if anyone's got one and a tape measure would be much appreciated

or is in the glasgow area and will let me have a pootle on theirs????

jpembroke

I have a medium Uncle John. It's a great frame but be very careful as they are a tad on the large size. The headtubes are especially long giving a very upright position, which is actually quite nice as it spares your back in races and also makes for a comfortable sportive-style frame. If you are 6' or under go with the medium is my advice.

OP
OP
L

leighz

Über Member
that's promising as that's exactly what I want - an upright riding position

how long is the actual top tube on yours (just to give me an idea) - and if you don't mind measuring the head tube as well....would be much appreciated

have had a couple of kaffenbacks and they just didn't fit.

Dave5N

Über Member
jpembroke said:
I have a medium Uncle John. It's a great frame but be very careful as they are a tad on the large size. The headtubes are especially long giving a very upright position, which is actually quite nice as it spares your back in races and also makes for a comfortable sportive-style frame. If you are 6' or under go with the medium is my advice.

Ooh that sounds nice. I get 'orrible backache on my bike when it's slippy and hilly.

jpembroke

leighz said:
that's promising as that's exactly what I want - an upright riding position

how long is the actual top tube on yours (just to give me an idea) - and if you don't mind measuring the head tube as well....would be much appreciated

have had a couple of kaffenbacks and they just didn't fit.

Horizontal Top tube length is about 54.5cm, so quite long, but that suits me quite well. Head tube is 14cm but remember it takes a conventional headset (good thing IMO as they are stronger) so that adds over 2cm in stack height. So, say 16cm for headtube including cups. This is obviously quite long in comparison to a lot of 'cross bikes.

Top Bottom