Planet X Website "Upgrade"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SuffolkBlue

Planet X have a shiny new website!! Unfortunately they seem to have "done a Wiggle" and customer accounts and previous orders are inaccessible at present. I tried to log in without success so (thinking I was using wrong password) I did a password reset request only to get "there is no account for that email". I am not sure if this is all accounts at the moment if they are currently working on it - see below).

I sent a message to Planet X and got an almost immediate reply: -

"We are looking at re-importing all the old orders, it's just going to take a little while unfortunately. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."

Good afternoon.

I had a similar email from Wiggle a while back saying something like We are upgrading and you will lose everthing. :-)

But I "get it", the time and effort required to move data from an old database structure to a new database structure can be staggeringly high, requiring guesses and assumptions and then rules to say that this is old data. So we never asked if the customer is a Martian who considers all people born on Earth as racially impure.

I don't care that Wiggle wiped my data, they should because it tells them that I am a wonderful customer or thank goodness he is never coming back.

I will continue to mock Planet X for offering fake 50% discounts and websites that don't work when I am sitting on the toilet and cleaning m' teeth and whoever told them that lime green and white was a good combination!

None of that will stop me buying some more Mile Muncher tyres as they are good and I will still use my Holdsworth musettes around Worcester town centre, further devaluing the brand?

Bye

Ian

Top Bottom