Planning a mini tour for the Summer- which route?

Which Route would you choose?

• Roscoff to Cherbourg

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • St Malo to Dieppe

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Cherbourg to Dieppe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cherbourg to Calais

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Le Havre to Calais

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Calais to Hook of Holland

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Glow worm

Glow worm

Legendary Member
If you want to up the ambition a little bit, you could maybe look at something like this, from Calais to Roscoff. Viewed in context it looks commendably complete, taking in the full sweep of the French channel coast, giving it a touch of grandeur. The route is for illustrative purposes only and could certainly be improved in many places, but I've been careful to include the Alabaster Coast north of Le Havre. It comes out at just under 450 miles

View attachment 389846

That's certainly a nice idea. I'd probably prefer to do it W to E due to prevailing winds (though if you are a betting person, it's worth putting some cash on a strong north easterly when I eventually get around to doing the ride!). I don't think I'll have time for the whole Roscoff to Calais stretch but the tip about the Alabaster coast is noted- thanks.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Thanks I'll check out the Friday's site. If I wasn't such a miserable, anti-social git I'd probably join one of those rides !
Thanks for the other tips too- Dunkirk certainly sounds like a better option than Calais.
If you go to Dunkirk, leave the cycle lane before the port fence, after the unused border hut, and take the left exit to turn left at the roundabout onto the back roads, rather than let the cycle lane merge you onto the motorway feeder road. DAMHIK

Top Bottom