Planning Bristol to Holbeach

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

contadino

Veteran
Hello folks,

Some friends have asked about doing another ride in England and I have to drive some stuff over 'Spring' of next year so I was thinking of combining the two and doing another coast to coast - this time a bit different. I'm after a bit of feedback on the route.

Here's the route that I worked up last night. Planning on doing it in 4 days cos the friends have kiddies & jobs. Probably B&Bs or hostels rather than camping, but to be confirmed.

https://goo.gl/maps/o79eo7RLgZ12

There's a section along the A429 that if it's the road I'm thinking of, isn't one I'd want to ride along, so any pointers of how to avoid it without making the route much longer or hillier would be most welcome.

West to east, or east to west?

Also when do you think would be the earliest in the year we could do this without risking bad weather? Is it normally cold in March in England? I'm a complete wimp - anything below like 5 degrees or wetter than a quick shower and I curl up into a ball and start crying. I suspect the couple coming from Perpignan are the same. Should we wait until April?

Many thanks.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It's England. the weather could do anything. I've been backpacking in the Derbyshire Dales in late March and after a day wearing shorts and a T-shirt in lovely sunshine woke up in the morning with a foot of snow over the tent. :eek:

Top Bottom